CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
Helium Arts is Ireland’s children’s arts and health charity. We support children facing a life of illness to let their creativity shine! Through the kindness of our supporters, including volunteers, Helium’s creative projects provide much-needed distraction and relief from the loneliness and sadness caused by illness.
Here’s a short video telling the story of our organisation and the children we work with: http://bit.ly/1MTbxaw
Helium Arts is seeking outgoing and creative volunteers to get involved with public events in Dublin this autumn. You will get the chance to meet members of the public and have interesting chats about the joy and power of creativity. You will share information about our work supporting children living with illness in hospital & health-care settings across Ireland and where relevant invite members of the public to join the Helium Arts mailing list or make a donation.
Here at Helium, we like to put a bit of fun into our public events by offering a creative activity to engage children and families, giving us a chance to connect with them and let them know what we’re all about. In the past our activities have included reindeer antler making and superhero transformation stations. We’re looking for enthusiastic individuals who would love to spend a few hours getting in touch with their inner child while helping raise money and awareness for a great cause.
September 29th and 30th
All volunteers should be available for at least one of these dates.
- Engage children in a small creative activity.
- Talk to families about our organisation and what we do.
- Politely encourage members of the public to donate to our worthy cause.
- Enthusiastically promote Helium Arts and our mission.
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Comfortable talking to the public
- Enthusiasm for working with children and families
- Engaging and outgoing personality with ability to work well with others
- Ability to take initiative and a can-do attitude
- Interest in how the arts and creativity can positively support children living with illness
Volunteers will be provided with the following support:
- Insurance cover
Please apply in writing with a brief summary of why you would like to be a Helium Arts Volunteer and a CV to email@example.com by Monday August 20th, 5pm.